Cadzow opened in 1877. It is of Gothic design. Halls were added in 1925,1939 and 1961. During recent years church buildings, including the Session House, have been extensively refurbished.
While the style of worship in Cadzow operates within the traditions of the Church of Scotland, the church is committed to measured progress and development. Sunday worship is at 10.45 am (September - May) and 9.30am and 10.45am (June - August). Morning coffee is served in the church halls before the 10.45am services.Holy Communion is celebrated quarterly and, at present, the Common Cup is used at each morning celebration. Each Communion Service has an average attendance of some 250 Communicants. For Worship we generally use the CH4 Hymnary although for more informal services, held at 9.30am, we use “Songs of God’s People” and our own “Cadzow Praise”.
Music plays a vital role in our worship. We have a fine choir and an outstanding church organist. Our superb manual pipe organ made by Foster and Andrews has recently been completely restored.
The church, located only half a mile from the Manse, is situated in the town centre. The Parish, which includes the developing village of Ferniegair, has a population of some five thousand people. Included within the parish are two Primary schools, Chatelherault and Woodside. Our minister is chaplain at Chatelherault Primary School.
Our congregation has 533 members. We have an active Kirk Session, operating using a committee system and an equally active Congregational Board.
Find out more on our website.
The Church of Scotland Presbytery of Hamilton is a charity registered in Scotland No: SC048680.